Sunday, November 17, 2013

Planning my Escape to Mexico!!

The reason we went to the RV parks around Loreto was to find a landing place. I have a goal of spending winter after next in Mexico (so not this winter, not next winter but the winter after that!).
The questions are:
1. What to do with my house?? Rent it out. I might be able to cover most of the mortgage with rent.
2. What to do with all my stuff?? Well, we bought an old UHaul truck a few weeks ago that supposedly will hold a 3 bedroom house worth of stuff! The rest will sell and I'll take my few antiques to my sister's house if she's willing to babysit them. By emptying out my house I can lower my homeowners insurance, can park the Uhaul on my land or perhaps a friend's land.
3. What will I do for income after I quit my job?? Well, hubby will have his pension and his social security check, and I will have my rental income. I bought 3 rental houses in 2004, using my inheritance, and another 2 houses in 2011/2012 after we sold our log cabin. Plus my current house gives me 6 houses to rent out, 2 of which are paid for! And another two in 9 1/2 years thanks to super low interest rates. Plus I plan on starting a new career as freelance writer!! (we'll see about that).
4.What will we live in?? We have a late 90's Winnebago Adventurer, 35 feet with large slide. Will we get along in this? who knows.
5. What will do all day if I am not working?? I have no idea but I am sure I'll like it! Mike keeps asking me "are you sure you won't get bored??" Hmmmm. What would it be like to live a life totally unscripted? I will hike, write, read, walk my dog, watch all the movies I've not seen, socialize with people, yes, people, wouldn't it be something to have the time for that! There is a clinic in Los Barilles funded in part by Rotary club and they have a diabetes clinic, I see myself working or volunteering there, or barter my skills for say free electric hookup for a month or something?
6. Where will we go when it gets too hot in Mexico? Back to Idaho to see the kids, and to Sequim, WA to see family, then where ever, then I'd like to work as a maternity leave relief RD at dialysis clinics or hospitals where ever in the US. Who knows. Or try work camping.
7. Who is my inspiration for all this? www.TravelwithKevinandRuth.com, Technomadia and Tioga George.
    (Just google it).www.travelwithkevinandruth.com  ; www.technomadia.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment